Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Fishing Trip

Where do I begin with this adventure? The day we left the resort we drove to Melrose, Montana where Troy made reservations for us to stay at the Sportsmans Motel & Cabins. (I was a little leery because of the words Sportsmans and Motel in the same sentence). I think the town of Melrose probably has a population of 100. There wasn't a store withing 30 miles of this place. We were right off the highway however. The cabin really wasn't too bad. It was clean and comfortable. However, when you think of sleeping in a cabin, I imagine the sounds at night to be crickets and other outdoor "Mountenous" sounds, but Nooo we had the soothing sounds of cows mooing and dogs barking and I swear I heard an elk bugeling. Also, I didn't dare drink the water because it came out brown. The toilet water was brown, the sink water was brown and there was NO WAY I was going to use the shower with brown water. (It didn't stop Michael and Troy) Friday the boys went fishing and I stayed in the "motel Cabin" all day and read my book and played on the computer. There really wasn't much else to do. When they got back about 7:30 p.m. went over to the "Hitching Post" for dinner. It was actually pretty good. The next morning we packed up and headed for home. I NEEDED A SHOWER!!!! Enjoy these pictures from the Sportsmans Motel.

This is the Place!




********
Troy and Michael intent on getting the "Fishing Reel" ready.
********
This is the fish Troy caught. He threw it back in.
*******
Tracy caught some fish and this is one them.
Tracy is a salesman at Bintz and loves the
outdoors as much as Troy.

1 comments:

Brooke said...

what a cute little cabin! alot nicer than our hillbilly trailer! :) hey-have you checked out my photography website?

www.brookemoonphotography.blogspot.com