Friday, June 26, 2009

CRAZY WEATHER & DESTRUCTION

Okay, let me explain. I was sitting at the computer this evening working on the RS Newsletter and I could hear the wind outside just going nuts. It even scared Kobe. I thought I heard noises of the garbage cans being blown around so no big deal. Then sweet Heather Hardle calls me to tell me that our basketball stand/hoop has blown over and into Mallory's back window. Oh, so that was the loud noise I heard. Not the garbage cans like I thought. So I went outside to check out the scene and yep, the back window had a basketball hoop stuck in it and the window was shattered. Meanwhile, my whole family is away. Cameron is at Scout Camp and Troy and Mallory are in Logan doing the MS Bike ride and Michael took the boat up to Bear Lake. So, I am home alone and thinking what can I do? So, I tried to call our great friends the Rigby's and they weren't home so I called our other dear friends the Schroephers. Justin was more than happy to come down and help me take care of it. He was so incredibly helpful that it made me want to cry. He was just so sweet about it. He pulled the hoop out and we both wondered how Michael's car wasn't even scratched by the ordeal because his car was right next to Mallory's. He didn't even get a scratch. Anyway, I was very worried about Mallory's car getting all wet inside because of the rain, but good ole handy Justin, moved things out of the way in the garage and was able to pull Mallory's car into the garage. Then he proceeded to shop vac the glass out of the back of Mallory's car. He went totally beyond the call of duty. We are so blessed to have such good friends. Ones that I can just make a phone call and know that they would do whatever it took to help me. So, bless you Justin for saving me from this because there was no way I could have physically done what he did. You have earned bonus blessings tonight. I would have taken pictures, but unfortunately, I LOST MY CAMERA IN SOUTH CAROLINA! So, I am little bugged about that. So that was my evening. I hope the rest of you were able to weather the storm without any mishap.

2 comments:

Laura said...

OH NO! That is an awful story! Mallory is going to be so pissed! But, I think you're right, Justin is the biggest stud in the world! (besides Scott of course).

Mallory said...

I was kinda pissed lol not even about the window being broken but that i need to buy another friggin sticker for my new window haha!