Friday, May 1, 2009

FLASHBACK FRIDAY - Dec. 1st 1982

Troy left for the MTC/ mission on August 26,1982. (Headed to Rio de Janiero, Brazil) He was suppose to spend 2 months in the MTC to learn Portuguese. However, there were Visa problems and he was there for many weeks longer than he was suppose to be. At this time, I was going to school at Ricks College and so if his Visa came, he would be leaving the following day. The chances of me making it to the airport to see him off weren't looking good. Then Troy got his visa and I was frantic to try and find a way to SLC (in a snowstorm) to say goodbye. Well, as luck would have it, Troy's companion had a girlfriend at Ricks also and so I was able to hitch a ride with her and the companions family. I made it to SLC at 3:00 a.m. and then I was able to say goodbye to my sweetie. And yes, even though it was against the rules, he did kiss me goodbye. (He thought of it as a camel getting his last fill of water before going out into the desert). It was AWESOME! You can tell that we were both a little sad.

0 comments: