Monday, May 25, 2009

BEAR LAKE WORK WEEKEND!

This Memorial weekend was spent up at our cabin at Bear Lake but it wasn't our traditional playing in the water, boating, etc. weekend. WE WORKED! It has been over 20 years since the place has been painted and it had blinds the same age. It was time to clean, clean, clean and paint, paint, paint. We all were able to get a lot accomplished. I really can't include myself in a lot of the work but I did a lot of the purchasing of items before we left. I consider that work. I'm not very good at painting, but I did what I could as far as cleaning. I'm pretty good at doing dishes. So, I had little small jobs. But my kids and Troy and his sister's and their families worked fiercely to get the place painted. Andrea YOU ROCK! Good thing she had those Rock Stars to keep her going. So, the place looks nice. Actually, everyone really rocked! DeLynne and her kids and inlaws are very hard workers. I was impressed. There is still so much more to do. The work week is continued next week but we aren't able to go because my niece Whitney is getting married. on Saturday. It is going to be an awesome day for her. Well, I am tired so I'll head to bed. I've got more shopping to do for Bear Lake. Blinds and more paint. Does anyone know the best place to buy good but inexpensive blinds? I'd appreciate any leads for that. I hope everyone had a great Memorial Weekend. I can't believe that June is right around the corner. CRAZY! Hey, I'll post pictures of our improvement sometime in the near future.

1 comments:

Brooke said...

we got our blinds at selectblinds.com. LOVE THEM!!! Cheaper than costco and nicer! They ship right to your house, and have a lifetime warranty...they are the company who does all of the Extreme Makeover Home Addition blinds. Seriously-check em out!