Monday, April 6, 2009

BASEMENT BLUES (or reds in our case)

As a lot of you know, we had a flood in our basement on Thanksgiving evening. So, we have been renovating ever since. We are finally getting towards the end of the tunnel and we might actually be done in a couple of weeks. It has been a lot of work for Troy. He has really worked hard. The kids have helped and that has been nice. I have a few patches on the walls where I painted and can take some credit but I must sadly admit I haven't done much down there. Truthfully, there isn't much I can do. The other night I did manage to slide on my butt all the way down the stairs, (and no it wasn't on purpose). I was so dang sore the next day I could hardly walk. Needless to say, my bum was REALLY sore! It was even sore on my numb side. (Not Fair). So here are a few pictures of the basements transformation over the past few weeks. I'll add more as we do more to it. We are shooting to have it done for the Jazz Playoffs but who knows if we'll make it.

AFTER THE FLOOD (reminder pics)



NEW SHEETROCK ON CEILING
THIS IS THE HARD AND HATED PART

MORE MUDDING AND SANDING

THIS IS THE PRIMER COAT

NOW COMES THE RED (THEATER RED)

MICHAEL WAS ANXIOUS TO GET STARTED
HE STARTED PAINTING BEFORE TROY

MICHAEL PAINTS THE TOP
AND MALLORY PAINTS THE BOTTOM
HAVING SO MUCH FUN PAINTING
WHILE LISTENING TO CONFERENCE.

MICHAEL PAINTS A "W" BECAUSE HE
LOVES HIS MOMMY (WENDY)

TROY IS A PERFECTIONIST AND HE WASN'T
HAPPY WITH THE AREA ABOVE THE WINDOW.
IT NEEDED MORE MUD AND SANDING.

WAHOO! PROGRESS!
(The red is a lot darker than it appears in the pic)
I LOVE IT!

1 comments:

gotta go girl said...

I love the red! Reds are really, really tricky and you picked a good one! I'm excited to see the final pics!