Wednesday, October 8, 2008

New England 2008

We were so blessed to be able to take Michael back to New England where he served his mission. It was a beautiful time of year to go. However, we were about a week or two early for the real vibrant fall colors. But it was still nice to be there and see where Michael spent 2 years of his life. We took one of his friends (who served with him in Rutland, VT) Alan Monson and he was awesome. He and Michael kept Troy and I laughing most of the time. However, being in a car most of the time with 3 men was NOT a good thing. (use your imagination). The trip was too fast but it was good for Michael to show us the places he served and meet some of the people he baptized and some of the members who took good care of him. It was evident to me that Michael was very loved on his mission. It was also awesome to see where Joseph Smith was born and spent his early years. This is a trip that will stay in our memories forever.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

How fun! I am so jealous! (and jeremy will be REALLY jealous of Fenway Park!!!)

The Tracy's said...

Wendy,
That is the coolest thing ever. I'm so jealous. I have always wanted to vist there. LOve the light house pic. It reminded me of the movie, "Dan in Real Life." One of my favorites! I'm so glad that you got to experience his mission area. I hope that I get to do the same some day.
T

gotta go girl said...

You must be so proud of your young man! What a neat opportunity! Beautiful places! I have always wanted to go there. Great pictures. Natalie

Wendy said...

Michael informed me that I misspelled Alan Monson's name throughout the slide show so I had to go and fix it. Sorry Alan. You know we love you anyway. :)