Thursday, August 23, 2007

MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY

Okay, I have been thinking alot about life and the things that we each have to go through. I have had Troy's cousin Bryce Brown on my mind alot. He is 33 years old and is fighting for his life. His body is full of cancer due to melanoma that he thought was taken care of about 7 years ago. He was told that they were able to cut it all out of him and he was going to be fine. Then about a month ago he started having trouble breathing and was fighting constant fatigue. He and his wife have a 7 month old baby girl who is absolutely adorable. Her name is Danika and they call her Dani. Bryce's wife (Tammy) has been keeping am online journal of this whole experience that Bryce has been going through. I am so amazed at her strength and determination to help Bryce fight for his life. I wake up every morning without many worries and grateful for my healthy family. I know that at any minute things can change. Who knows what Heavenly Father's plan is for us. I just want my family to know how much I love them and to please do all you can to keep yourselves healthy. I am going to be a crazy mother who is going to insist on putting sunblock on my children. Yes, even the older ones who are adults (at least they are legally, but don't always act like it). I know that we have to be proactive in trying to prevent any kind of skin cancer. Losing Jennifer has really affected me and I know that she shouldn't have died. This could have been prevented. We all need to be educated and know that this can happen to us. We need to know what to look for and my dermatologist said the syblings of Jennifer should be checked yearly for signs of skin cancer. Michael just had a mole scraped off his leg because it looked questionable. We haven't received the results from the biopsy yet but we are hopeful it will be negative. I love all of you so much and I want you all to live a very, very long time. So, just put up with me. If you want to see Bryce Brown's web page, you can go to brycedbrown.com and read Tammy's journal and see beautiful pictures of their sweet family. It will make you feel grateful for your blessings. Love ya lots, Wendy

0 comments: