Friday, January 1, 2010

HAPPY "2010"

As you can tell by the time of this post, I've been awake for about 40 minutes. Yes, I REALLY slept in. Isn't that what you are suppose to do on New Years Day? I had a rough night. My legs were shooting off fireworks again so I didn't get to sleep until probably 4:00 a.m. But that's okay. We had an small, quaint, little dinner with friends and of course Troy cooked the traditional Prime Rib Roast. (Well, I actually baked it, Troy just did all the seasoning and got it ready). It was a team effort and it turned out awesome. We ate, and ate and until we were ready to die. We played "Apples to Apples", the younger kids played a game on xbox. "Modern Warfare" or something like that and it got quite loud. But I think they had a good time. Then we talked while waiting for the big ball at Time Square to drop and welcome the new year and kiss our sweethearts. (Actually I think our dog Abby got a kiss from Troy before I did) Just kidding. It just appeared that way.

Now, I should write down some big time resolutions like "Lose weight" or something for this year but I'm not going to because I will just be depressed at the end of the year because I will have accomplished NOTHING on my list. So, I will just make some easy resolutions: Be a better wife, be a better mother, be a better sister, be a better friend. I think these are do-able. There is nothing like a new year to give you a clean slate. My prayers for the new year are: Continued good health for me and my family, continued happiness for me and my family, and continue our wonderful relationships with our friends. We have been blessed with such great friends. Especially here in the neighborhood and ward. We have found long lasting friendships. There is nothing better than to have strong relationships with family and friends. To know that there isn't anything we wouldn't do for each other. We have been truly blessed in this way. I hope you all know how much we love and appreciate you. We want the best for you all in 2010.

1 comments:

Laura said...

Oh Wendy! We love you! We really would do anything for you...what do you need? Happy New Year!