Wednesday, September 17, 2008

INSPIRING MAN

I was browsing some blogs and I found Paul Cardall's blog off of my friend Laura's. I know that he is a very gifted musician and I didn't realize that he was suffering from Heart failure and waiting for a transplant. As I was reading his blog, I was touched by something he wrote and I hope that he won't mind me posting just a brief paragraph that he wrote. It inspired me and I know it will inspire others. Here it is....

"You can't know the sweetness in life without tasting the bitterness of life. There is no reason to blame God for what we are subject to. I believe we chose to experience earthly life as part of a three act play in the eternal nature of things. We are in the second act. God knows what's ahead for us in the third and final act. Like any loving parent, he loves seeing us grow and mature from the choices we make. But above all, at times we make poor choices or are hurt by the choices of others, and like the child who falls from a bike and cries for their mother and father, there is a loving Savior who is there to wipe away our tears and heal our wounds." (Paul Cardall)

I too have felt my Saviors love with some of my own personal trials and I know these trials have only made me a stronger person as well as my family. How truly blessed we are. I pray that Paul will find a donor soon and I appreciate him sharing his story on his blog.

1 comments:

Laura said...

Isn't he absolutely amazing! He is my brother's brother-in-law and in Grandpa Dennis' ward, so we are all really praying for him and his cute little family to be okay. Remind me and I'll tell you his whole story someday. It's awesome!