Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Moose on the Loose at Camp

Well, we were all sitting around the campfire on Sunday evening and we had just finished dinner. It was starting to rain a little so I don't think we were going to sit out there much longer. While we were enjoying the warmth of the fire, I noticed a big animal in the distance. (Maybe 50 yards away, not sure exactly). Anyway, the more I looked at it and told everyone else about it, we noticed it was a hug Bull Moose. It came around some trees and was rubbing his Antlers on the tree. (I think he was a little frustrated). Well, at this point he turned and saw us at our camp. He started walking toward us and then he started running toward us. All of a sudden, everyone cleared out in a hurry to get away from this running moose who was headed toward us and he didn't look happy. I was sitting in a camp chair and it isn't easy for me to just get up and start running. So, the last thing I heard was the sweet and endearing words from Mallory saying, (as she was running as fast as she could to the trailer to save herself), "Dad, save Mom!" I was trying to hurry the best I could and not daring to look back to see where the moose was. Well, Troy slowly and nonchalantly came and helped me to the trailer like it was no big deal. (However he was impressed that I was able to move as fast as I did). He had noticed that the moose had stopped and turned around and went back into the trees. We heard another moose back there with him so it was a little frightening because I have heard that Moose can be very mean and will charge at people if they feel threatened. So, that was the big adventure for our weekend. But I will never forget the words, "Dad, Save Mom!" as Mallory and Gabe ran to the trailer saving themselves. I will NEVER let them live that down. Later, Gabe felt really bad for running into the trailer before me. He wa so fast that he ran smack into Michael with an umbrella. Michael and Carson witnessed the whold thing from the trailer. I guess now we can laugh about it. I wish I had pictures of the big moose but it all happened too fast and it was almost dark anyway. So, enjoy another episode in the life of the Hanson's. Never a dull moment. :)

1 comments:

The Larsen's said...

hahaha! i wish i was there! im sure that was a site to see! I love you ewwwwwe!